Relaxing Tunes

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ok so I wasnt gonna write anything today but...

I went to find out about a job with UPS because with things the way they are, degree or not, I need some money! So I went to the UPS on Foster and East 105th Street. Now, skipping ahead past security check and blah blah blah, I was told to wait inside the conference room for the HR manager. There was a girl in there waiting for her orientation training and it was like as soon as I came in, we began talking. We talked the whole time and I didn't feel that nervousness I usually feel when I first meet someone. I usually have to prep my self up in some sort of way... But it was different. Her friend came in and started talking to her and I still didn't feel that anxiety rise. I was also being a bit nosy lol which in normal circumstances I just MYOB and shut myself down. I even finished one of her friend's sentences lol she couldn't find the right word lol but I apologized for butting in to their convo because that was something new for me. I didnt feel like haha hee autopilot Sade. I spoke to the HR manager, and I still felt comfortable talking to him. I maintained my eye contact, and listened to every word he said. It was natural, not awkward. This may seem simple to some people but when you are dealing with anxiety coupled with shyness, being your normal self is what you long for. So I was content today. Its weird because I didn't plan on writing in my blog today because I felt no difference or change. But long and behold lol I just had to write this out. So this is small, but its big for me. PROGRESS BABY!

-Nubian

No comments:

Post a Comment